[LLVMdev] A new mechanism to compiler kernel modules using llvm: Defer type evaluation in clang?

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 01:40:58 PDT 2013

I am not sure this would work. It might be able to handle changes in
structure, but what about changes in the accessor functions?
I also don't see how this would be easier than compiling from source on the
target machine. You still need all the kernel headers on the target machine
because llvm with your patch would need them so that it uses the correct
structure.
The best approach for kernel stuff is to get the source code into mainline,
then the source code will be kept up to date for you.