[LLVMdev] How to know if an instruction is "usable"

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Thu Apr 25 09:59:22 PDT 2013

On 4/25/2013 11:52 AM, Giacomo Tagliabue wrote:
> Is there an easy way to know if, at a certain instruction, a certain
> value is usable or not? i.e., I am sure that if i use that value i don't
> to get the error "Instruction does not dominate all uses!"

Check if the block containing the definition dominates the block where
you want to use the value.  If this is the same block, the definition
has to appear before the use.  This follows directly from the error
message, so I'm not sure if this answers your question.  Use the
dominator tree analysis to check the dominance.

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation