[LLVMdev] Testing methods

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 03:22:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

What does llvm use for testing.
The area of testing I am interested in are how to test the accuracy of
the assembler/disassembler.
So, if you take an IR level instruction. How do you verify that the
generated CPU specific instruction is correct?
Is there an automated method for this?
I wish to implement automated testing on a decompiler I am writing,
and thought that the test methods used in LLVM might be applicable to
my decompiler. ( https://github.com/jcdutton/libbeauty )
The thoughts I have had is to use a 3rd party assembler/disassember
such as libbfd and parse the results of the 3rd party one, and compare
it to mine.

Any help with ideas in this area would help me.

Kind Regards

James