[LLVMdev] LNT ClamAV - Sorting output

Török Edwin edwin at etorok.net
Fri Apr 19 09:48:57 PDT 2013

On 04/15/2013 11:01 AM, David Blaikie wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Török Edwin <edwin+ml-debian at etorok.net> wrote:
>> On 04/03/2013 01:20 AM, Renato Golin wrote:
>>> Hi Torok,
>>> I've used a hard-coded list on the input parameter and still got some output (slightly) scrambled between two different bots...
>>> I though the dbdir could be the culprit, but it has only one file. Attached is the output of both.
>> The version of ClamAV in the LLVM test-suite is quite old,
> In the interests of having relevant metrics - should we update to a
> more recent version?

The reason for adding ClamAV to the test-suite was more for testing
correctness than performance. (there were quite a few GCC bugs triggered
by ClamAV's code for example).
To do a proper performance test for ClamAV you need to run it for at
least half an hour on a large set of representative files, i.e. not
something for LLVM. Otherwise what might seem like a 20% improvement
could very well be just a 0.2% improvement in practice.

You can try to update to a newer version, I think the script that I used
to convert ClamAV's source-code to LLVM-test-suite-friendly source code
is still in the repository, although it may need updating as some new
files probably got added upstream.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to do this update myself at this time.


More information about the llvm-dev mailing list