[LLVMdev] alias analysis in backend

Andrew Trick atrick at apple.com
Thu Apr 18 00:33:52 PDT 2013

On Apr 17, 2013, at 2:33 AM, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:

> [...]

This conservatively compensates for loads/stores that were split into narrower accesses during lowering, so doesn't help Jonas.

The MachineMemOperand offset is used differently for FixedFrameIndices, but we don't currently special case it here to disambiguate them. The general problem is that we don't have a  CodeGen-level alias analysis API yet. It looks like this particular case could be fixed with an easy patch though, unless I'm missing something.

-Andy