[LLVMdev] sccp pass with opt

Niko Zarzani koni10 at hotmail.it
Tue Apr 16 12:37:48 PDT 2013

Hi all,
I am trying to see how single llvm optimizations work by running them one by one with opt and looking how the IR changes.Since I was interested in seeing how constant propagation was working I tried to run opt on the Sparse Conditional Constant Propagation, however by passing as argument -S -sccp -die it does not change anything in the output IR code. I attached the file with the source code I used, I think that the x value in that example should be propagated in the mul instruction. What am I missing?
Thank you in advance,
Niko