[LLVMdev] llvm ir vs dag

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 01:56:03 PDT 2013

Hi Reed,

There was some discussion at the DevMeeting last year about this.  The consensus was that:

- It would be great if SelectionDAG could go away and the translations be done via progressive replacement in the IR of LLVM instructions with machine instructions and LLVM registers to machine registers.

- If someone did this work, there are lots of people willing to review and comment on it.

- No one has all three of the time, expertise, and inclination to actually do it.

Or, to put it more succinctly: patches welcome.

David