[LLVMdev] The most efficient way to compile to LLVM IR?

Caldarale, Charles R Chuck.Caldarale at unisys.com
Mon Apr 15 19:18:28 PDT 2013

> From: llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Hongbo Zhang
> Subject: [LLVMdev] The most efficient way to compile to LLVM IR?

> I find the API provided by IRBuilder is quite imperative and verbose,
> and the API changes so fast that most of the tutorials are out of dated.

We've been using IRBuilder since 2.7, are now on 3.2, and upgrading with each release has been rather easy - not trivial, but not at all difficult.  Using IRBuilder seems to be the simplest and most straightforward mechanism, and gives you the a great deal of control over what's fed to the optimizers.

 - Chuck