[LLVMdev] Self-host buildbot

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Apr 15 07:07:58 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a self-host ARM bot and am following the ClangBuilder
with two stages, copying the config from other bots, but I can't find my
way around the configure options...

This is my config:

        ## Cortex-A9 check-all self-host
        {'name': "clang-native-arm-cortex-a9-self-host",
         'slavenames':["linaro-panda-02"],
         'builddir':"clang-native-arm-cortex-a9-self-host",
         'factory' : ClangBuilder.getClangBuildFactory(
                     stage1_config='Release+Asserts',
                     stage2_config='Release+Asserts',
                     useTwoStage=True,
                     clean=False,
                     test=False,

 extra_configure_args=['--build=armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf',

 '--host=armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf',

 '--target=armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf',
                                           '--with-cpu=cortex-a9',
                                           '--with-fpu=neon',
                                           '--with-float=hard',
                                           '--enable-targets=arm'])},

This way, the install process will copy to:

llvm.install.1/bin/armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf-clang

but the next configure step will look for:

llvm.install.1/bin/clang

While, if I comment out the --build options, the reverse happens, and still
doesn't find the correct binary. Commenting all options lead me back to
behaviour #1 again.

I tried fiddling with the --host and --target, to no avail. Does anyone
know how to make stage 1 install and stage 2 configure agree on the name of
the binary?

cheers,
--renato