[LLVMdev] Please document the layers

Robinson, Paul Paul_Robinson at playstation.sony.com
Mon Apr 8 14:55:30 PDT 2013

I keep seeing "this is a layering violation" comments on the lists.
While there are a few llvm.org pages that mention layers in passing,
there is nothing (that I've found) actually specifying the layers.
Trying to infer the layering from the code is tedious and error-prone
(or we wouldn't see so many violations in code reviews, eh?).

Now, I understand that Google has some sort of layering checker.
Could somebody extract the layering information from that tool
and throw it into a web page?  I'm sure it would be helpful to a
number of people, not just me.

Thanks,
--paulr