[LLVMdev] adding a target dependent transform pass

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Wed Apr 3 17:24:22 PDT 2013

Thanks!!

I was forgetting about the hooks in TargetPassConfig. I've used them
before (just last week even but was just cutting and pasting something
from another port so I did not really look too much at what is there)
and was trying to add the pass to TargetMachine and couldn't see how
that was possible for this pass. There was no mention
of this in the writing a llvm pass doc or writing an LLVM compiler
backend doc.

There is an expression in Russian: "Старость не радость".
It means basically that old age is nothing to be excited about :)
Oh well...

Reed