[LLVMdev] [Announcement] 3.3 Release Planning!

Bill Wendling wendling at apple.com
Wed Apr 3 13:15:17 PDT 2013

On Apr 3, 2013, at 2:07 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:

> On 1 April 2013 22:05, Bill Wendling <wendling at apple.com> wrote:
> We would like to support ARM again.
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> Glad you asked! ;)
>
> I'm getting the test-suite bot green (a few minor tweaks and we're good) and that should get us well ahead of what we've ever been on ARM. Though, bootstrapping seem to fails a few check-all tests. I'll look into that as soon as the test-suite bot is fully green.
>
> Just to make sure we're talking about the same things, the requirements for release are:
>
> * Green direct check-all (clang-native-arm-cortex-a9 bot, green)
> * Green direct test-suite (clang-native-arm-lnt bot, almost green)
> * Green self-host check-all (no bot yet, some failures, will look into it next)

All of this, yes. :)

> * Green self-host test-suite?

This would be nice.

> * Anything else?

The above are pretty much the requirements for other binaries. Of course, I expect (hope?) that the community will take each release candidate and test their own code with it.

> I don't want to have this for release-only, but as continuous integration. Though, I hope it'll be good for all future releases.

I do too. The progress you're making is great!

> It's probably best to produce the binaries on a Cortex-A9 (Panda ES), since they're the most common target and the binaries work quite well on A15s.

I agree. Though I'll also let Jim and Evan chime in on what they think.

Thank you!
-bw

> Sylvestre,
>
> If we do end up creating ARM binaries for the general public, your input and expertise will be greatly appreciated! ;)

+1 :)