[LLVMdev] llvm-config!

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Wed Sep 19 17:16:18 PDT 2012

Reza Sheykhi <hajishey at msu.edu> writes:

> I am trying to install a program that works just with llvm-2.8. I have
> installed it but while i am trying to run llvm-config it says no such
> file or directory:
>
> bash: /usr/bin/llvm-config: No such file or directory Does any body
> know how to solve this problem? I can use apt-get but it gives me
> either 2.9 or 3.0 or higher versions.

Are the other llvm executables installed on /usr/bin ?

Does llvm-config exists on the `bin' subdirectory you used for
building LLVM? When you execute `make install' is it listed along the
other LLVM files that are copied to the destination directories?

And the basics: how are you building LLVM? (list explicit commands, etc)