[LLVMdev] How to run a specific alias analysis pass if a pass is compiled into an executable instead of a shared library

Welson Sun welson.sun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:04:49 PDT 2012

Suppose you have a pass called "PassMine", which requires alias analysis
result. I know if you compile "PassMine" into a shared library, and use
"opt" to run it, you can specify whatever specific alias analysis pass to
run before "PassMine" in "opt" command line, such as "opt -tbaa -PassMine
...".

But what if I compile PassMine into an executable? How do I specify a
particular alias analysis class to run before PassMine?

Thanks!