[LLVMdev] Problems on getting UNREACHABLE executed

Zhoujinguo zhoujinguo1988 at yahoo.cn
Tue Sep 18 00:34:40 PDT 2012

Hi,
I am currently using llvm to compile memcache to get the bitcode. I simply change all the "gcc -c" command to "clang -emit-llvm -c", and output ".o" to ".bc". And all gcc link command to llvm-ld. By these means, I successfully get the bitcode file, but when I run it using "lli", it fails with the error:
UNREACHABLE executed!0 lli 0x087c2cabStack dump:0. Program arguments lli timedrun.bc1. Running Pass 'X86 Machine Code Emitter' on function @mainaborted
I encountered the same error when executing other executables in the project. Why does this happen? Is there any suggestions to get rid of such problem?
Thank you
BestAndy