[LLVMdev] does lli on x86-64 default to using MCJIT?

David Tweed david.tweed at arm.com
Mon Sep 17 10:14:27 PDT 2012

Hi,

In the process of looking at whether it's reasonable to make ARM use MCJIT
by default, I was trying to check that x86-64 uses MCJIT by default (ie, lli
doesn't need an explicit -use-mcjit to be passed). However, after
instrumenting the constructors for both JIT and MCJIT, either lli doesn't
default to using MCJIT on x86-64 or The construction/non-construction of a
JIT/MCJIT object doesn't indicate this fact. (What i'm seeing is a JIT
object created when there's no "jit-arg", an MCJIT object with -use-mcjit.)

Could anyone who understands this clarify things for me?

Cheers,
David