[LLVMdev] Pattern class

Kotler, Reed rkotler at mips.com
Sun Sep 16 10:05:26 PDT 2012

I have several places where I want to emit several instructions but they are not connected as would be required by Pat.

Right now I do them as sort of pseudo instructions where several machine instructions are put in the assembly string.

This has several problems for direct object emitting and also it's not the cleanest solution.

I really want to match the pattern and emit my instruction sequence using a set of single instructions.

This is what is supposedly allowed in class Pattern but I can't seem to get it to be accepted by tablegen and can't find any examples of people using it.

An example of a place where I need it is for certain conditional expressions.

For example, register T8 is not directly accessible when in mips 16 mode and is more or less a condition code register in that mode.

So I want to do a compare and then a branch based on the contents of T8 (which the branch instructions can implicity see).

I have other cases that are more involved where I am simulating conditional move instructions.

I can do it all with my current method but it's not preferred and would be cleaner with this multiple instruction sequence of the Pattern class.