[LLVMdev] Dominance frontier & Postdominance frontier

Das, Dibyendu Dibyendu.Das at amd.com
Thu Sep 13 09:37:41 PDT 2012

You can easily calculate the DF(x) of a node if you have the J-edges. Look at V Sreedhar's classic thesis on DJ graphs. Look at our work in TOPLAS 2005 for computing DF and phi using DJ graphs. Its pretty straightforward if u hv the dom tree and J-edges. J-edges are nothing else but CFG edges which are not present in the dominator tree.

Hope this helps. Post-dom-frontier is an analogous problem on the reverse cfg and pdom tree.

- Dibyendu