[LLVMdev] building LLVM for raspberry pi

Keith Sheppard keithshep at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 06:02:46 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I tried build a version of LLVM pulled from the git repo on my
raspberry pi. I got close to the finish line then:

llvm[2]: Building Debug+Asserts Archive Library libLLVMDebugInfo.a
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/llvm-git/lib/DebugInfo'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/llvm-git/lib'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pi/llvm-git/tools/llvm-shlib'
llvm[1]: Linking Debug+Asserts Shared Library libLLVM-3.2svn.so
collect2: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
make[1]: *** [/home/pi/llvm-git/Debug+Asserts/lib/libLLVM-3.2svn.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/llvm-git/tools/llvm-shlib'
make: *** [all] Error 1

So it seems that ld ran out of memory. My build command was:

>  ./configure --enable-shared --enable-jit && make

So I think this means I need to cross compile but this is something
that I haven't ever done before so I could use some pointers. Is there
a recipe for building LLVM for raspberry pi that someone can share or
any pointers? Incase it matters the source OS is OS X Mountain Lion
and I'm happy to use gcc/clang/whatever works.

Thanks, Keith

--

http://keithsheppard.name