[LLVMdev] Visual Studio 2012 cl.exe ICE while building LLVM for x64 (in TableGen) at -O2

Gordon Keiser gkeiser at arxan.com
Tue Oct 30 23:01:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

Just wanted to point this out here, in case it hasn't been run into yet.   I've filed a bug with MS already, but it might be a warning to anyone thinking about uninstalling their older versions.   Workaround was to build lib/TableGen (well, all of LLVM really due to a case of laziness) at /O1 and utils/TableGen at /Od.    Turning inline expansion to 0 apparently works as well.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/769222/cl-exe-ice-when-building-llvm-trunk-at-o2#details

Other than that the ARM assembler / disassembler plays nicely and I was able to produce bitcode with clang and lower it to ARM assembly, as well as use llvm-objdump to disassemble both x86 and ARM PEs (although ARM required a manual arch override).   If I can find a subset of the test suite that doesn't require MinGW I'll give it a run on the rasberry pi.

Gordon Keiser
Software Development Engineer
Arxan Technologies
gkeiser at arxan.com  www.arxan.comĀ