[LLVMdev] Announcement: Phabricator for code reviews

Johan Bergström bugs at bergstroem.nu
Sun Oct 21 13:39:12 PDT 2012

Hey,

On 20/10/2012, at 7:19 AM, Manuel Klimek <klimek at google.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Johan Bergström <bugs at bergstroem.nu> wrote:
> > Dear LLVM / Clang community,
> >
> > we'd like to open the use of Phabricator as an optional tool for doing code
> > reviews to a wider audience. Please feel free to start your code reviews by
> > following the documentation at
> > http://llvm.org/docs/Phabricator.html.
> >

> > Note that e-mail is still the reference medium for code reviews. Please let
> > me know about any problems with Phabricator or the documentation you find.
>
> I tried signing up using github as provider, which - after accepting oauth2 access - returns me to a screen that wants me to enter username. After submitting username it then complains about a lack of email address. I manually added an input name="email" with corresponding value through web inspector and got through.
>
> Probably want to fix this.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what exactly the problem is - can you give me enough information to file a bug report with phab, or (if you don't mind) file a bug yourself at https://secure.phabricator.com/maniphest/

Steps to reproduce:

(login to github)
1. visit http://llvm-reviews.chandlerc.com
2. sign up by using 'login or register with github'
(redirected to github)
3. accept the oauth request at github
(redirected back to llvm-reviews.chandlerc.com)
4. you now have a signup screen, showing one input box and one submit button. The username was pre-filled for me.
5. hitting submit will return you to the same screen with the validation error "Please enter a valid email"
(changing your username to a email address will prompt 'invalid characters in username')
6. inject a input with name="email" and correspondent value will let you pass