[LLVMdev] Predication on SIMD architectures and LLVM

Ralf Karrenberg Chareos at gmx.de
Fri Oct 19 09:24:14 PDT 2012

Hi Marcello,

I am sure I've seen some postings on the list concerning architectures
that support predicated execution and how to map that to LLVM IR, I'm
just not sure anymore when and who was involved :).

I have implemented your first suggestion for targets that do not have
predicated instructions (where control flow to data flow conversion with
explicit maintaining of masks and blend operations is the only option
you have for SIMD vectorization). However, I agree with you that this is
not a good solution for you since you would basically ignore one of the
strengths of your platform. Should you still need some code or help with
this, feel free to drop me a message.

Cheers,
Ralf