[LLVMdev] Announcement: Phabricator for code reviews

Manuel Klimek klimek at google.com
Thu Oct 18 11:32:35 PDT 2012

Hi Duncan,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Manuel,
>

>  we'd like to open the use of Phabricator as an optional tool for doing
>> code
>> reviews to a wider audience. Please feel free to start your code reviews
>> by
>> following the documentation at http://llvm.org/docs/**Phabricator.html<http://llvm.org/docs/Phabricator.html>
>> .
>>

> sorry for the silly question but... how do you sign up?  The "sign up"
> section
> doesn't have a "sign up here" link.  It does have a link to "Code
> Repository
> Browser", which asks for a phabricator, github or google login.  It looks
> like
> you can register with phabricator using a github or google account; is that
> required, or is it possible to sign up for phabricator without going via
> github
> or google?
>
> Thanks for your help, Duncan.

The only way to not use an OAuth provider is to have an administrator
create an account for you. I can switch on the facebook OAuth in addition
to google and github, if that would make it easier for you.

If you strongly prefer not to use an OAuth provider, let me know and I can
create a user for you, but I'd be interested in the reasons (and the
upstream phab devs might be, too).

Cheers,
/Manuel