[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Announcement: Phabricator for code reviews

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Wed Oct 17 11:25:36 PDT 2012

You might want to mention other functionality, like Herald, which I
think fills a need that a lot of developers have.

Well, I guess since this message is on the list, I can just say:
Phabricator's "Herald" tool lets you (among other things) set up
actions to happen in response to certain events; one huge use case for
this is setting up alerts when parts of the tree that you are
interested in watching get changed: this alleviates the problem of
missing the chance to post-commit review on changes due to messages
getting lost in the flood of llvm-commits mails.

There's a lot of other functionality in Phabricator that I think might
be useful; the big question is how to have it integrate properly into
the mailing list---that's the reason I have held back in exploring
some of the features.

-- Sean Silva