[LLVMdev] R_ARM_ABS32 disassembly with integrated-as

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Tue Oct 16 13:03:47 PDT 2012

On 16 October 2012 03:16, Greg Fitzgerald <garious at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lastly, from MCELFStreamer, how do I determine if we generating an ARM or
> Thumb ELF?

That was the only part I didn't know how to get. Jim should know.

> I can catch Thumb from the EmitThumbFunc, but that seems a
> little odd.

Ignore EmitThumbFunc, it has nothing to do with your change.

> $ readelf -s via-llvm-as.o | grep "\$."
>      2: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    4 $d
>      3: 00000000     0 NOTYPE  LOCAL  DEFAULT    4 $t

Clearly, you're not detecting all code/data changes, or the direct ELF
emission is not creating too many constant pools.

Can you attach the assembly generated and the ELF object created from
both the inline asm and the gcc asm?

--
cheers,
--renato