[LLVMdev] Using llvm-mc assembler in the llvm test-suite

Carter, Jack jcarter at mips.com
Mon Oct 15 15:14:42 PDT 2012

Eric,

This invocation creates the .s file using llc:
build/Debug+Asserts/bin/llc -march=mipsel -mcpu=mips32r2 -mattr=o32   -disable-mips-delay-filler -filetype=asm -relocation-model=pic  -asm-verbose=false -O3  Output/mandel-2.llvm.mipsel.ll -o Output/mandel-2.llc.mips32r2.s -info-output-file=/home/jcarter/workarea/assembler_jack/build/projects/test-suite/SingleSource/Benchmarks/Misc/Output/mandel-2.llc.mips32r2.s.info -stats -time-passes

The next line assembles it with gcc. The gcc driver will invoke gas on it. This is the part that I want to use llvm-mc.
mips-linux-gnu-g++ Output/mandel-2.llc.mips32r2.s -o Output/mandel-2.llc.mips32r2 -mips32r2 -EL -lm -lstdc++ -lpthread -fPIC -mabi=32