[LLVMdev] Using llvm-mc assembler in the llvm test-suite

Carter, Jack jcarter at mips.com
Mon Oct 15 15:00:32 PDT 2012

Let me see if I understand the response ;-)

When you are saying integrated assembler do you mean llc --filetype=obj? If so, we currently have that for an option when running the test-suite.

When you say that to test the llvm-mc assembler for your target you don't substitute the gcc assembler invocation for llvm-mc which would expect the resultant executable run to pass. Instead you have to do another pass running llvm-mc on the preserved .s files

Did I get this right?

If so, I am way too lazy and greedy. I want to run the suite and with an option, substitute the llvm standalone assembler for the gcc one (not for the control compile of course).

Jack