[LLVMdev] CBE progress and design

Sahasrabuddhe, Sameer Sameer.Sahasrabuddhe at amd.com
Thu Oct 11 21:11:10 PDT 2012

I think people just roll their own git clones and generate patches when it is time to commit upstream. There is an "unofficial" mirror on github[1], you could use that start a fork there. I wouldn't worry too much about the "unofficial" tag in the name, as long as the commit ID matches.

[1] https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm

General git advice: For keeping track, "git rebase" or "git pull --rebase" is your friend. Or nightmare. It depends. Generally, its good practice to rebase as often as possible, so that your effort remains incremental. But life becomes very interesting when some drastic change like a rename lands upstream, and every commit in your branch needs manual resolution during the rebase. At times like that, I have found it useful to clump my small incremental changes into larger changes on a new branch and then rebase that new branch instead. That's also a good time to abandon ye olde text editor (temporarily) and grab a GUI tool like p4merge or something.

Sameer.