[LLVMdev] LLVM Loop Vectorizer

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Fri Oct 5 07:59:56 PDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

I think that one of the big questions is where this information, abstract or not, resides. The cost information needs to be abstract in some sense: IR instructions don't always map directly onto machine instructions, we don't yet have real register-pressure information, etc. Other information is more direct: does the target support vectors of given types, sizes, and are certain operations provided. As much as possible, I believe this information should be derived automatically from the Target TableGen files, and the pre-existing logic in *ISelLowering.cpp. This requires linking those files with the mid-level optimizers.

 -Hal

> - Dibyendu

Hal Finkel
Postdoctoral Appointee