[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Inlining and virtualization in Clang/LLVM

Ramanarayanan, Ramshankar Ramshankar.Ramanarayanan at amd.com
Wed Oct 3 20:17:20 PDT 2012

In compilers like Open64, oracle code is put in to retain program functionality.

If (object type == compiler inferred type) direct call of type's method; else virtual call

The question is if the types are inferable. Then it would not be bad if the direct call got inlined and the savings from inlining offset the cost of the condition check.