[LLVMdev] [pocl-devel] [cfe-dev] SPIR provisional specification is now available in the Khronos website

Villmow, Micah Micah.Villmow at amd.com
Mon Oct 1 09:36:12 PDT 2012

Maybe it would be easier to provide a bitcode example of this problem.

After thinking about this more, I'm not sure if this is applicable to SPIR itself. For you to have a constant GEP expression, you have to know the pointer size in order to correctly generate the expression. Since the pointer size itself is not known, I don't yet see how you can generate a constant expression that is valid SPIR.

Micah