[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] RFC: put commit messages in *-commits subject lines?

Sebastian Pop spop at codeaurora.org
Fri Nov 30 09:43:51 PST 2012

Hi,

Sebastian Pop wrote:
> Chris Lattner wrote:
> > I'm in favor of it.  Of course, the truly awesomest thing would be something like:
> >
> >     [cfe-commits] r167788 - [lib/Analysis] Fix bad CFG construction bug when handling C++ 'try' statements.
>
> commit_subject_template = %(prefix)s r%(revision)s - %(log)s

I just realized that this line does not match Chris' subject line as it doesn't
print the directories touched by the patch. Please use the following instead:

commit_subject_template = %(prefix)s r%(revision)s - [%(dirs)s] %(log)s

Thanks,
Sebastian
--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation