[LLVMdev] Old JIT Status (i.e., can we delete it?)

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Thu Nov 29 15:31:38 PST 2012

I don't think that GDB support is even present in the latest version of the old JIT in trunk.  It used to have code to register emitted functions with GDB in a way that let GDB find the function name and EH frame information, but that got taken out back in January (r147615).  As it stands now, I don't think GDB would provide any useful information at all about code emitted by the old JIT.

MCJIT, on ELF platforms at least, registers emitted code with GDB for full source level debugging (when debug info is available).

-Andy