[LLVMdev] Support for bundles of MCInst?

Mario Guerra mariog at codeaurora.org
Thu Nov 29 15:00:41 PST 2012

Hello all,

We're developing an integrated assembler for a VLIW target, and some of the
optimizing our assembler needs to do must be done on a per-packet basis.
This requires us to be able to traverse instruction within a packet, and one
particular optimization requires traversal of previous packets as well.

We're considering adding support for MCInst bundles in the MC layer to
accommodate this use case, analogous to what currently exists for
MachineInstr. Has anyone given thought to this before? Is there already a
way to create bundles in the MC layer that we've overlooked?

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,