[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] [RFC] Removal of 'deplibs'?

Jason SH Lin jasonlin.mtk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 18:23:19 PST 2012

Dears,

If you remove this keyword, will you keep the backward compatibility in
LLVM 3.x?

We use this keyword in our project for checking dependent libraries, and we
rely on the promise that bitcode format will keep compatible in LLVM
3.x. In our project, we compile and save bitcodes for later use, but we
always try to keep our runtime upstream. Hence, we need
readers recognize previous version bitcodes as well, at least in LLVM
3.x. However, the incompatibility happened once in LLVM 3.1, and we deeply
hope it won't happen again in the future 3.x version.

Many thanks.
Jason