[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] RFC: A Great Renaming of Things (or: Let's Repaint ALL the Bikesheds!)

Tinco Andringa mail at tinco.nl
Sat Nov 24 01:02:39 PST 2012

Hi,

I think it's an awesome idea to make sure all names are logical. It is
an essential feature of a good API to have logical naming :)

> I really dislike that all the files and classes in the MC library
> start with MC. This is c++, not c :(

On a similar note, all the classes in clang/CodeGen are prefixed with
CG or even CodeGen, could those be renamed as well?

And speaking of the clang codegenerator, I as a llvm newbie was
confused by the ModuleBuilder.h/.cpp. These files actually contain the
definition of the CodeGenerator itself that I was searching for (being
sort of the entry point of the codegenerator).

I think it would be more clear if they were called
CodeGenerator.h/.cpp. Or perhaps even splitted out into
CodeGenerator.h and IR/CodeGenerator.h/.cpp.

Kind regards,
Tinco