[LLVMdev] SimplifyCFG vs loops

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Wed Nov 21 06:55:47 PST 2012

On 11/20/2012 4:35 PM, Humphreys, Jonathan wrote:
> What was the resolution to this issue?  Was the patch accepted?

On my side, I am still swamped with my "regularly scheduled programming"
and so I wasn't able to prepare a convincing testcase to show the
detrimental effects of SimplifyCFG.  If someone else has such a testcase
it would be great.

We should agree on a specific loop structure that will be maintained
throughout the entire optimization phase (at least on the bitcode
level).  That would both, simplify loop optimizations, and enable
optimizations that would otherwise have their opportunities obscured.

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation