[LLVMdev] Question about compiling LLVM through cross-compiler for ARM

Negar Mir nmiralaei at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 07:56:19 PST 2012

Hi All,

I'm trying to compile clang+llvm on my desktop with cross-compiler to be
able to work with llvm commands in ubuntu-arm image whithin gem5.
If anybody has done this before I'd be so thankful to know the exact
process and commands. I tried to configure llvm as follows but I couldn't
get the arm-arm version correctly. To sum up, I need to cross-compile llvm
for ARM to work in gem5 through the ubuntu image for ARM systems.

../llvm/configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
--target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/path/to/install
--with-sysroot=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi

Best regards
Negar