[LLVMdev] code-owner sporks

dag at cray.com dag at cray.com
Mon Nov 19 09:49:08 PST 2012

Greg Fitzgerald <garious at gmail.com> writes:

> David A. Green wrote:
>> I find llvm-commits daunting.  So much that I hesitate to do reviews.
>> As Chris commented, I am not very active on that list.  There's a reason
>> for that beyond lack of time.
>
> So the goal is to make it easier for a member of the community to
> review only commits to a sub-tree that interests them?

C'mon, don't put words in my mouth.  The reality is that reviewer time
is limited.  I have more expertise in certain areas of LLVM, so I'm
naturally going to gravitate there because that's where the benefit/time
is maximized.

Frankly, I don't feel _comfortable_ reviewing code for subsystems I've
never worked in.  I don't know the design or the design goals of those
areas.

To me, reviewing syntax and spacing is next to worthless.  I'd rather
give a meaty review about design and that requires familiarity.

                            -David