[LLVMdev] Dynamic optimalization passes in LLVM based compiler

Wojciech Daniło wojtek.danilo.ml at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 13:09:32 PST 2012

Thank you for yours response :)
I know that LLVM Pass was designed to transform IR, but lets focus on an
example - LLVM Pass is a function that transform some set of input into
output. It can transform IR into graph of lets say strongly connected
components and then other passes can use it (that data - not IR) to
generate other data OR to manipulate the IR.

So why I can not create passes, that would need data generated by other
passes (ie. graph loaded from disk) and then transform it into LLVM IR? I
do not see any difference between these cases.
Am I wrong?