[LLVMdev] YA Vectorization Benchmark

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Fri Nov 16 15:38:35 PST 2012

On 16 November 2012 21:43, Nadav Rotem <nrotem at apple.com> wrote:
> Once Michael Ilseman commits the fast math patch we will be able to implement floating point reductions.

That's great news!

Attached is the whole benchmark, divided into 24 kernels and running
on LNT with FP comparison and timings.

Unpack the file onto SingleSource/Benchmarks and change the Makefile
to add LivermoreLoops to the tests. Run the LNT tests with
--only-test SingleSource/Benchmarks/LivermoreLoops to see it pass.

The heuristics are dumb accumulations of the array values, just to get
a value that will change considerably with small FP errors, so we can
easily test and adjust how much FP error is being incurred by
fast-math.

If no one objects, I'll commit to the test-suite.

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/