[LLVMdev] code-owner sporks

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 16 13:33:57 PST 2012

> Really, patches get dropped *all the time* to the point where pings are
> a regular part of the development process.  That's a huge waste of time
> for everyone.

It's only a waste of time if your workflow is entirely synchronous
with patch review. Most of us have a number of things that we can work
on, so letting a patch chill for a while on the list isn't a big deal
because we just go on and do something else.

Also, this situation has piqued my interest and so I am researching
the issues involved. Could you give me some links (or thread titles)
for dropped patches, so that I can take a look at them and try to
puzzle out how the development process ended up in them being dropped?
Nothing big, maybe 5 or so is probably enough. Thanks.

-- Sean Silva