[LLVMdev] Tablegen and ptr_rc: PointerLikeRegClass

Will Schmidt will_schmidt at vnet.ibm.com
Fri Nov 16 06:49:56 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 16:18 -0800, Jakob Stoklund Olesen wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2012, at 2:54 PM, Will Schmidt <will_schmidt at vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone confirm or deny tablegen supporting PointerLikeRegClass?
>
> X86 is using it. You could start by determining what PPC is doing differently.

Yup,..  When I was looking into this before, I did scratch at the x86
usage, but was unable to make sense of how x86 was able to use it and
ppc was not.   I thought it may have been an issue with the order in
which some of the .td files were being included, but attempted changes
there brought me around to some class definition errors, (both unknown
and redefined varieties) and in reality I was just digging a deeper
hole.

I'll take another look and see if anything pops out at me this time
around.

Thanks,
-Will