[LLVMdev] code-owner sporks

David Peixotto dpeixott at codeaurora.org
Thu Nov 15 18:30:28 PST 2012

I think the main benefit of a scheme like this would be that a pull request
tells a code owner which patches require their attention. As a contributor
it would be nice to see your patch in a queue somewhere rather than just be
buried down the mailing list. When patches are sent to llvm-commits it can
be hard to tell if a code owner has noticed the patch because it is a very
high-volume list.

As a code owner I would think it would be nice to see a consolidated list of
the open patches for your area. I suppose it would also be nice to see which
commits have gone into your area and need a post-commit review.

-- Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted
by The Linux Foundation