[LLVMdev] svn mirror git?

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:53:56 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu> wrote:
>> I'd suggest you/others read the previous thread discussing this issue.
>> It's a bit tricky to link to a whole thread in the llvm-dev mail
>> archive, but here's one part of it:
>> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-July/041738.html
>
> Maybe I should add this to the FAQ? Does this look good?:
>
> Why don't you move from svn to git?
> ==============================
>
> Please read the following discussions about the issue, and think
> carefully before bringing it up on the list:
>
> * http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-July/041738.html
> * ... others ...

Possible. I'm not sure it comes up quite often enough to draw
attention to it in the FAQ (drawing attention to it might increase the
number of conversations where someone thinks they've got some idea
that we didn't cover last time), but maybe (& I'm not sure how
many/which people read the FAQ anyway).

Side note (perhaps for another email thread): am I missing something,
or is the mailing list archive really that hard to link to the root of
a thread & navigate the /whole/ thread over all time? Every time I go
to the archive I find the fragment of a thread that occurred in a
given month & I can't seem to find where to easily view/navigate the