[LLVMdev] Code ownership proposal

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Thu Nov 15 11:52:33 PST 2012

----- Original Message -----

Michael has indeed been doing good work over the last few months, nevertheless, I think that Nadav is presently a better choice. Especially considering that Michael will be unavailable for the next couple of weeks, it does not make sense for him to be declared code owner through the 3.2 release. As 3.3 approaches, Michael will have more experience (and more availability), and he can ask for a change.

 -Hal

> Michael
>
> On Nov 15, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 15, 2012, at 7:45 AM, "Du Toit, Stefanus"
> > <stefanus.du.toit at intel.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'd like to propose that Michael Liao become the code owner for
> >> the x86 backend.
> >>
> >> Michael has been a very frequent contributor to the x86 backend
> >> for the last few months, and is working on the x86 backend
> >> full-time.
> >>
> >> Note that Michael is out of the office until Nov 29 with very
> >> limited email/internet access.
> >
> > This makes sense to me, any objections?
> >
> > -Chris

Hal Finkel