[LLVMdev] Unit tests - ARM

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 09:41:57 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Raul Fernandes Herbster
<raulherbster at gmail.com> wrote:
> is there any option to run LLVM unit tests on ARM from your desktop? I mean,
> the code is properly cross-compiled on your desktop and you want to run the
> unit tests automatically on an ARM board. Chrood might work, but I am
> looking for some option like <runremote.sh --host XXX --user ....>. I have
> seen something related to it in projects/test-suite/Makefile.programs
> (REMOTE_HOST, REMOTE_CLIENT, etc.), but I havenĀ“t found more information
> about these options.

Hi Raul,

So, you are compiling a cross-compiler and want to test it?

IIRC, there are no tests that actually run compiled code in the LLVM
and Clang testsuites.  LLVM and Clang tests just run the appropriate
parts of the compiler and check that output matches.  There are such
tests in compiler-rt, but unless you are changing that, I think you
should not worry about it.

Dmitri