[LLVMdev] mips16 patches in the works

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Wed Nov 14 12:03:35 PST 2012

I don't think that anybody is working on mips16 except for me but just
in case, I wanted to outline some work that is going on so that nobody
else duplicates it:

1) Fix exception handling for Mips 16. Patch already pushed for review.
2) Finish up handling of large frames. 90% of code done and being
tested. One more patch is needed.
3) Hard float. (mips16 has no floating point instructions so you need to
switch to mip32 mode to do this). Design is mostly done. Estimate of 3-4
weeks for implementation and testing of non optimized version. Will not
start on coding of this till test-suite at near to 100% passing for all
of mips 16 using soft float.
4) Constant islands. Preliminary design in progress.