[LLVMdev] RFC: Owning Bitcode

Joe Abbey jabbey at arxan.com
Sat Nov 10 10:43:28 PST 2012

Hello,

Chris's "keynote" at the LLVM Developers' Conference included a call for code owners, and my company has a heavy dependency on Bitcode, I propose taking ownership of:

lib/Bitcode/*
include/Bitcode/*

This means that I'll be committed to documenting (yay) the implementation and responsible for reviewing patches and commits, as well as overall code quality and maintenance.  It's a small section of the overall tree, and I realize that it is a critical portion that touches virtually the whole project.

If someone else already "owns" this part, please let me know.  Looking at the commits of BitcodeReader.cpp, the folks that have the most invested are:

lattner      - 101
djg          -  32
dpatel       -  30
void         -  27
resistor     -  22
johannes     -  14
nicholas     -  12
foad         -  12
hernande     -  10
baldrick     -   9

I <3 bitcode and would love to be responsible for it.  That being said, my next step would be to prove it through writing documentation and submitting more patches that align with the design philosophies of the project.

Thanks for your attention!

Joe
Joe Abbey
Director of Software Development