[LLVMdev] translating from OpenMP to CUDA

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 14:22:02 PST 2012

The PTX back-end is robust (it's based on the sources used by nvcc), but
I'm not sure about the OpenMP representation in LLVM IR.  I believe the
OpenMP constructs are already lowered into libgomp calls before leaving
DragonEgg.  It's been awhile since I've loooked at it though.

If you use the PTX back-end and have any issues, please don't hesitate to
post to the list and cc: me at jholewinski at nvidia.com

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Apala Guha <aguha at uchicago.edu> wrote:

>  Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> Is it possible to translate an OpenMP program to CUDA using LLVM? I read
> that dragonegg has a OpenMP front-end and LLVM has a PTX back-end. I don’t
> know how mature these tools are. Please let me know. Thanks.****
>
> ** **
>
> -Apala****
>
> ** **